What are things you can do to minimize mold growth in your home? The following recommendations will help you do this.
1. Maintain good house hygiene; (meaning clean your home regularly).
2. Use a vacuum equipped with a hepa filter. This filter will remove up to 99.97% of contaminants, including mold spores, from the air.
3. Use Air Cleaning machines that have a hepa filter. As mentioned above this filter will remove up to 99.97% of contaminants, including mold spores, from the air.
4. Address any suspected leaks or mold growth promptly.
5. Use 'Damp-Rid' or similar product in closets and other potential problem areas where there is low air circulation or high humidity as this will absorb the excess humidity and thus reduce the chance for mold growth.
The above are some solid things you can do to help safeguard your home from potential mold growth. It I impossible to stop all mold growth in the home but you can maintain a relatively much safer home with very little mold growth.